Social communication developing Intervention
How to understand if your child needs help?
• Response to name call: Is there any kind of response from their end when you call them by their name?
• Anticipation: Is there any kind of eagerness they show when you play the tickle game with them?
• Experimenting: Does your child engage in any form of experimentation or do they explore when they come in contact with new objects?
• Imaginative play: Does your child engage in pretend play? For eg: animal play feeding.
• Curiosity: when you tell them that you have a gift for them, do they show any form of additional interest in finding out what it might be?
• Spontaneity: Does your respond to a situation almost instantly?
• Joint Attention: Does your child initiate a conversation?
• Gestural communication: Is your child capable of understanding gestural clues?
• Imitating action: Does your child have an issue with imitating action with you or his/her play partner?
• Pointing action: Does your child point at objects you name?
• Stimming: Does your child engage in stimming or repeated behavior like hand flapping?
• Specific object play: Does your child have an obsession with a specific toy as in fond of just car keys or cars alone etc?