How to tell your child needs professional help in Pre-school language difficulty
Signs to look for language difficulty in children who is 1year old:
- Taking turns: Does your child have an issue in taking turns while conversing with you
- Babbling: Does your child babble or baby talk?
- Gestural communication: Does your child have an issue in understanding gestural communication?
- Following commands: Does your child exhibit difficulties in following simple instructions?
Signs to look for language difficulty in children between 1- 2 years of age:
- Comprehensive ability: Is your child able to comprehend approximately 50 words?
- Words: can your child speak two words together?
- Following commands: Can your child follow two step commands?
- Position concept: Does your child comprehend simple position related concepts such as on, under etc?
Signs to look for language difficulties in children between 2 and 3 years of age:
- Communicative skills: Is your child able to use 2-3 words in a sentence?
- Use of plurals: is your child capable of using plurals?
- Who, What, Where: Is your child capable of understanding who, what and where questions?
- Size and Quantity concept: Does your child comprehend the size and quantity concept.